Backup and restore Cassandra data
Medusa is a Cassandra backup and restore tool. It’s packaged with K8ssandra and supports a variety of backends.
Supported object storage types for backups
Supported in K8ssandra’s Medusa since the 1.0.0 release:
Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
Added in K8ssandra 1.1.0:
Support in K8ssandra’s Medusa for all S3-compatible implementations, which include:
- IBM Cloud Object Storage
- OVHCloud Object Storage
- Riak S2
- Dell EMC ECS
- CEPH Object Gateway
- Others - this list is not exhaustive
Added in K8ssandra 1.3.0:
- Support in K8ssandra’s Medusa for Azure Storage
Backup and restore steps
For detailed walk-throughs of Medusa backup and restore operations, see:
- Backup and restore Cassandra with S3-compatible MinIO.
- Backup and restore Cassandra with Amazon S3.
- Backup and restore Cassandra with GCS.
- Backup and restore Cassandra with Azure.
Also see the following reference topics:
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.